[Moodle] Question: Ultranet and Moodle

Adam Barbary home at adambarbary.com
Mon Dec 1 13:06:22 EST 2008

Assuming MS gets the tender, I would gather that they will follow
their usual strategy of Embrace, Extend, Extinguish. The original
tender for the Ultranet stated that the winning bid must leverage off
what infrastructure the schools already had. My gut feeling is that it
would be unlikely that Moodle would be a core technology, but whatever
wins will be able to pull information from a Moodle server to ease
implementation. Also, having done that, the winner could then say that
it has had wide spread adoption, the proof being the amount of
imported material.

Pure speculation.

Adam Barbary
No fixed employer