[Moodle] RE: moodle blog

ARNOTT Suz SA at emc.vic.edu.au
Tue Aug 5 22:25:07 EST 2008

Hi Alan,
I use the blog function with my year 10s, it's not brilliant, but I just use it as a reflective tool. To add it you just choose it in the block box in "Edit mode" on your page.
I can't remember if I downloaded the module from moodle, and my tech added it, or whether it was there already. In the admin area you can choose which blocks are active)
I have mine viewable only by the course members, but they can't reply to the posts, only add another post. They need to make sure when they post it it is "to all site" not just to self, or no one can see it.
edublogs makes it easy to set up class blogs, where they can comment on each other .. I do this with my multimedia students
hope this helps
Suz