[Moodle] RE: Moodle Quick PD Guide

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Fri Dec 7 18:21:57 EST 2007

Hmmm - Makes me wonder...
Linux Users Victoria runs 'install' fests from time to time.

I wonder if I could arrange to buy a few 'old' machines from
Computerbank, and arrange a moodle install fest?

Say - $100 bucks for an old machine, then we sit around install linux,
apache, mysql, php and moodle... in the morning, and in the afternoon
set up courses and share tips and tricks for making moodle sing?

Could this be a summer break project for the VIC moodlers?

Then you take the box into school - plug it in (or whack a wireless card
in it) - do some tricky stuff to get a static IP - and voila!

Peter - could that work?

On the other hand - if your techs really won't let you - we do host a
few moodle sites for others who've not been able to get access to the
infrastructure inside the school.  Or do as Ros has done, and get a host
that let's you DIY.

cheers
- Donna

--