[Moodle] Moodle award

Henry Johnson h.johnson at yavneh.vic.edu.au
Thu Aug 16 10:37:43 EST 2007

Looking at the attendees for some of the meetings lists the usual suspects. Looks like Oracle wants a piece of the action.

Of course, nothing from the Open Source community could come close to the wonderful solutions provided by Industry leaders like Microsoft and Oracle. So why even consider it? I think it would be an interesting activity to "follow the money" and see who stands to gain the most from the $60M feeding trough. I am sure the work being done in countries such as Spain, South America and Africa would not even be considered. But the upside is some local IT companies are at least turning up for the meetings, so maybe we'll see a few new Porches turning up at the South Yarra coffee shops.

Any news from McKinnon College about how the system works? Be fascinating to talk to some one who has actually used the system with actual students!

Cheers

Henry Johnson
Moodle Administrator
Yavneh College