[Moodle] Forum discussions

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 4 18:13:48 EST 2006

Rob - I got caught in that frustrating loop as well, and a friend walked
me through it as follows (from memory, sorry if it is not exact).
A moodle course has a social forum automatically, so you have probably
set an additional one up that has your six discussion topics, but Moodle
automatically goes to the social one so yours is invisible.
How to solve it?
Not sure (we did, so I am trying to remember) maybe go to forums in the
breadcrumbs when you are on one forum, and it should show you the other
ones so that you can identify the troublesome one and kill it.
Cheers, Keith
PS Please let us know if this works - if not I will try to recall in
more detail.

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:53:15 +1000, "Rob Rankin"
<rrankin at bigpond.net.au> said:
> Hi folks,
>

> Right behind Geraldine's question I would like some help with Forums
> which
> I've set up for my students.
>
> I've allowed discussions and replies and I've tried both forcing
> subscription and making it optional.
>
> However, when Forums are opened there is always the message "There are no
> discussion topics yet in this forum"
>
> even after six have been added.
>

> Have I missed something in the config settings that blocks access to the
> discussions?
>

> TIA,
>
> Rob

Keith Richardson