[Moodle] VITTA conf.... and moodle stuff

ARNOTT Suzanne SA at emc.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 23 11:12:17 EST 2006

Just wanted to say what a wonderful conference it was, great to put
faces to a few names :-)

Keith your work with the 3in6 has been awesome, I hope to be involved
again in the future... you are an awesome resource, as are so many of
you on the lists :-)

On the moodle front... listening to Martin Dougiamas was fantastic,

I am still working with my techs to get a current version of Moodle up
and running.... And am now being stalled with the lure of going live
externally over the summer break, so they will do the upgrade to the
next version then.

Currently we are locally hosted, which has been good when the "big"
servers have fallen over. I have been able to set up courses and get
other staff inspired. From this a bit of a snowball effect has happened,
and I have many more staff wanting external access (who has time to do
the fiddly stuff during the day)

I am not a tech minded person at all, so I have to believe what they
tell me often... however... I am the Moodle site administrator, can I
update the versions, or does that have to be done from the back end. We
have put a lot of stuff up that I want to use next year and am getting
paranoid (it has happened a few times this year) that when they swap
servers I will lose what has been done. I have been backing up every
week, and saving that in a couple of places as extra security...

Do I have to wait for the techs to do the upgrade, or can I do it from
the front end?

Cheers

And thanks once again to so many of you for giving me the courage to do
this stuff :-)

Suzanne Arnott

Assistant Manager of ICT

Photography and Multimedia Coordinator