[Moodle] Fwd: TEX editor in moodle

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Tue May 23 10:25:09 EST 2006

Hi folks,

 We are blessed to have an Assistant Principal at our school who is very keen to bring Moodle to her Year 9 maths class. She asked for help with mathematical equations in Quizzes and here is my reply to her and what I found.

>>> Kevork Krozian 05/21/06 11:05pm >>>
Hi Jenny,

 After downloading and wasting a lot of time with 4 or 5 TEX editors I gave up .....
 And found a web page that does the conversion. See http://www.forkosh.com/mimetextutorial.html and the examples. This web page allows input of a TEX notation equation or mathematical expression and processes it to see how it works.
I have added a sample quite complex question, in your Moodle test . Not sure what other equation types you were searching for, I stopped knowing we should be able to work it out fairly simply from there.

Remember you need to use 2 $ signs at each end of the equation when you copy and paste into moodle. That means,
$$ TEX notation $$

See you soon
Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College