[Moodle] Lams for Moodlers

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 22:22:05 EST 2006

Well spotted Keith.. Martin announced last year that LAMs will be
integrated into Moodle. Moodle is a Course Management System for
managing flexible communities of learners through a dynamic website.
LAMS is a Learning Design system for creating and running structured
sequences of collaborative learning activities. Moodle and LAMS are
complementary e-learning systems so this is going to be a very good
thing for us all.

This is a huge undertaking and I suspect that it wont happen at the
next scheduled release but expect some news about it later in the
year.  If you are interested, there are instructions how to integrate
LAMS into Moodle but I will admit to just waiting for the final
version. Here is a technical document with some screen grabs if you
are is interested how this might look.
http://lamsfoundation.org/integration/moodle/walkthru.html

Regards Roland