[Moodle] Moodle workshop module.

Laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Sat Mar 25 11:07:45 EST 2006

Hi Roland,

Great, I finally understand the "Points for submission" concept. I've
used the workshop module for a few activities and my students seem to
enjoy the peer assessment component.

The exercise module uses the same concept.

As for posting outcome grades - the gradebook in 1.5.3 allows pretty
fine tuning of categories. As far as I can work out it adds points
WITHIN categories and uses assigned weights when calculating an overall
grade. I have been using this feature this year and it works very well.

The grade book will present a summary table for the students and voila,
instant feedback.

Laurie

Roland Gesthuizen wrote:
> If your are interested in using criteria-based assessment to mark
> student work submitted for assignments then you might be interested in
> the Moodle workshop module. Dennis Daniels
> <http://moodle.org/user/view.php?id=8798&course=5> recently posted some
> cool screencasts of how to use this Moodle workshop (video and animated
> screenshots). Interesting use of Google Video too...
>
> http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=moodle+workshop
>
> I will admit to considering using this to post the outcome results
> online to my students.
>
> Regards Roland
> Curriculum and Assessment Authority and
> http://www.vitta.org.au <http://www.vitta.org.au> - VITTA Victorian