[Moodle] Free Software Magazine

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Jan 3 01:31:10 EST 2006

Issue 9 cover <http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/free_issues/issue_09>
Tonight I read an interesting journal called the Free Software Magazine
<http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/>. It has oodles of articles on
Free (or Open Source) Software and a whole swag of issues relating to
it. Well worth a read and adding your name to a free subscription.

    * http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com
      <http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/>

In a recent article, author Terry Hancock has a good discussion of
the one laptop per child project
<http://blog.freesoftwaremagazine.com/users/t.hancock?p=117&more=1&page=1>.
It is an ambitious project that I have mentioned before about putting
millions of cheap computers into the hands of third world children.

    "It's not about some kind of weird idea of charity or some kind of
    magnanimous gesture--it's about putting tools in the hands of people
    who can use them. It's about taking a gamble on the ingenuity of
    people all over the world by making a real investment in them."
    Free Software Magazine - Terry Hancock (2005)
    <http://blog.freesoftwaremagazine.com/users/t.hancock?p=117&more=1&page=1>

Happy New Year everybody :-)

Roland Gesthuizen - ICT Manager - Westall Secondary College
change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead