[Moodle] Problems upgrading the database

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mon Dec 11 12:46:26 EST 2006

Hi Laurie,

 During an informal chat with Martin Dougiamas I think he mentioned the
problem and one solution was

( Obviously backup everything first) .

   1. upgrade from MysQL 3 to 4 and then
   2. that rather than "dump" the sql data, copy it in its native form
to the destination when going from mySQL 4 to 5 .

 Maybe worth a try ?

Regards
Kevork

>>> sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au 12/11/06 11:56am >>>
I am moving our Moodle to a brand new server (Ubuntu 6.10, MySQL 5 etc)

and am having a nasty problem.

The old data is in MySQL 3.23. I've dumped the database to a .sql file

and am having problems importing it into MySQL 5. Apparently some
formats are not recognized. The import is choking on some TINYINT data.

Any ideas? This should not be taking me a whole day!!!!

Laurie
--
Laurie Savage