[Moodle] Moodle at home

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 00:05:15 EST 2006

Thanks Laurie :-)

myspace, facebook and bebo are known also as online social networks.

Some background information
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_networking#Internet_social_networks
And a comprehensive list
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_social_networking_websites

Students often fill out profiles that may include photographs, videos and
other personal information. There are some interesting applications but as
you can imagine, there are some important Internet safety issues to consider
but perhaps not given due justice by parents and schools. Whilst schools
block many of these sites, there is a huge online battle going on outside to
win the hearts and minds of teenagers.

Certainly worth discussing with your students.

Regards Roland