[Moodle] Off List - reply to Phil Brown - 3in6 Moodle Site - help offer

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Thu Apr 13 21:49:39 EST 2006

Hi Phil.
Wonderful to hear from you!

My intention is to modify the theme until it looks like the 3in6
website, so many of the changes I was able to copy from it (as I had
designed it totally from scratch over the mid-summer break).

The Moodle Forums suggested that I work using the CSS in the 'standard
theme', so that is what I have done.
The colour changes are too many to list, but quite logical. Once I
worked out the colour swaps I wanted, I simple did a search and replace,
then slowly went through cleaning up the bits.

Interesting Problem: IE6 is a frustrating beast in the way it sticks
stubbornly to cache. To shake it off I often have to press Ctrl-Reload
multiple times. Any suggestions?
I have spent many hours reverse-engineering the CSS and the html trying
to work out its div structure then making necessary changes.
I would say that I am only about half-way there so far. Do you have much
experience working with websites whose content feeds into the html via
php? I have worked with HTML-CSS OK, but am concerned that some of the
php calls are disguising the html bits I want to unravel, if you know
what I mean.

What I would appreciate asistance with, if you don't mind, is the
functional aspects of the 3in6-moodle site - correctly employing
resources and activities to achieve the functionality I want to service
the needs of the 3in6 community..
So far I am just playing around ("sand-boxing" I guess) without too much
confidence. Before I go fully 'live', I want to make sure that
everything is functionally is set correctly as I want it. I don't want
to stuff-up publicly if you know what I mean!!!

Ciao for now Phil.
Warm regards, Keith

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:04:21 +1000, "Phil Brown"
<harvestdrive at optusnet.com.au> said:

> This is great Keith! Seems how you dived into the CSS sheet
> (styles_color.css) it would be good to have better indicators or
> comments next to the section so that we could identify each bit and what
> it does so that building our own themes would be easier. EG:
>
> /* course, entry-page, login ~ /What ever this bit is and if I change
> the color it will have the following effect/*/
> .headingblock {
>   border-color:#DDDDDD;
> }
> Perhaps we could choose a theme and collaborate our efforts.
>
> Phil Brown
> Wellington SC
>
> Keith Richardson wrote:
> > I will be with you all in spirit from Townsville - visiting family for a
> > few days while school is closed for Passover.
> > You might like to take a sneak preview - I am exploring changing the
> > 'look' of Moodle using CSS plus a few more inspirations.
> > It is not officially launched yet, but feel free to take a look and tell
> > me what you think.
> > http://3in6.openlab.net.au/moodle
> > Warm Moodling Regards, Keith
Keith Richardson