[Moodle] Batting for dfWiki and Moodle

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Oct 25 00:02:41 EST 2005

There have been some online Moodle discussions
<http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?f=366> about the integration of
dfWiki into Moodle <http://www.moodle.org/>. This is software that looks
and behaves very much like the familiar MediaWiki engine used by
Wikipedia <http://en.wikipedia.org/>. When this happens, Moodle Wiki
projects created by students can be readily exported and imported into
other Moodle courses, making them easier to move around, archive etc.
There is a home for the DFWIKI - Moodle integration project
<http://appserv.lsi.upc.es/palangana/moodle/course/view.php?id=15> where
they have provided a dfWiki Moodle sandbox
<http://appserv.lsi.upc.es/palangana/moodle/mod/dfwiki/view.php?id=178&page=sandbox>
for teachers to dig in and get a feel for this new tool.

If you havnt seen a Wiki before, check out the contribution that I
created about the cricketer Johnny Mullagh
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Mullagh>. I was having a coffee
with colleague last year and we noticed a missing page that was just
begging to be written. It was a good introduction to Wiki's for us both.
Our brief contribution has since been since been updated and nicely
reformatted.

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Westall Secondary College