[Moodle] upgrading Moodle

Philip Brown BROWN-PH at oxley.vic.edu.au
Tue Jun 14 08:36:52 EST 2005

All you need to do is copy the config.php file to a safe place (eg your
desktop) and any modified themes (like your Deep_Blue theme). When you
replace the whole lot with 1.5. Of course you should back up first. All
your data is kept in the Mysql database and your data directory. When
you have upgraded the site, copy back the config.php file and fire up
Moodle. Log in as admin and sit back and watch as Moodle does its thing.

Give me a ring on 9727 9917 if you want me to clarify anything

Phil Brown
Oxley College

>>> iaquim at bialik.vic.edu.au 12/6/2005 9:36:07 am >>>

I currently have ver 1.4 and want to move to 1.5.

When I upgrade, do I need to redo all the courses and users (by
unzipping the previous version's data) or is the upgrade smart enough
integrate it self?

On one  moodle site, I used the Deep_Blue template and it took ages to
FTP the files I needed for my banner. It would be good not to have to
redo all that work.

Maggie

Disclaimer: This email is intended for the use of the named
individual or entity and may contain confidential and privileged
information. Any dissemination, distribution or copying by anyone
other than the intended recipient of this email is strictly
prohibited. Attachments are opened and transmitted at the user's own
risk. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of Bialik College.

Authority and
Teachers Association Inc