[Moodle] VELS and ICT - An Attempt to Model an Ideal Working Relationship

James Poulos jpoulos at crancc.vic.edu.au
Mon Jul 25 08:53:23 EST 2005

Thanks for this good summary Keith. I think you have summed it up well.
I am fortunate that in my school, the impact of VELS seems to be putting
more emphasis on the need for good ICT skills for the students and more
of a need to provide adequate computer facilities for non-IT subjects to
access. So in a sense, the value of ICT has been raised, both as a
stand-alone, and cross-curricular discipline.
I think we need this sort of discussion to help arm our coleagues in
less fortunate circumstances in their battle to keep ICT afloat and
thriving in their school.
Also, as much as one might read VELS with concern, I believe (and hope)
the intent is not to water down ICT, but to make it prominent across the
board. I think that if it is put correctly, there is a strong argument
to not only hold IT as a subject, but also to increase the support IT
staff can provide to other discipline areas.

James

James Poulos
IT Coordinator
Cranbourne Christian College