[Moodle] Odd query

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Wed Aug 17 11:03:52 EST 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 10:54:54AM +1000, WEIR Andrew wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen;
> I am doing a new install of moodle and the installation process itself
> has gone flawless however when I access the moodle from a external
> machine (one on the network I get no formatting or background on the
> site I also am unable to access other pages with in moodle from external
> computers.

What browsers have you tried on these client PCs?

What exactly do you see on the screen?

Can you run the telnet command on them, with the following syntax:

 telnet yourwebserver.domain.vic..edu.au 80

then type in the following:

 GET /

What do you see as a response from the server?

Have you enabled firewalling on the Linux server by mistake? That might
block port 80 if the wrong rules have been applied.

> However when I use the browser on the Linux box I am able to do
> everything and it works flawless.

Cheers,

Con Zymaris

- CEO, Cybersource Pty. Ltd.
- Director, Open Source Industry Australia, Limited.
- Convenor, Open Source Victoria (A Government-funded industry cluster.)