[Year 12 IT Apps] Scope of project management terms

Mark mark at vceit.com
Tue Aug 2 15:01:16 AEST 2016

Hi, workers,

I'm wondering how much depth and detail people are including in their
teaching of projman.

The study design for both SD and Info specifically includes the concepts of
 *milestones* and *dependencies*, so these obviously need to be covered in
your theory.

Question A5 in the SD sample exam questions
<http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Documents/exams/technology/it-softdev-specs-samp.pdf>
has
'distractor' options* naming *critical paths* and *resources*, which are
not named in the design, but are key projman concepts nevertheless.

If I were teaching, I'd find it hard not to be mentioning *successors* (to
complement 'dependencies') and *resources*.

But I'd force myself to leave out critical paths.
I wouldn't go near lead/lag time and PERT.

(O, dear PERT. Why did VCAA forsake you?)

Mark

* 'Distractor' - My term for a multiple choice option that is tempting, but
incorrect.
It is not to be confused with an Irish farmer pointing to his Massey
Ferguson.

mark at vceit.com
http://vceit.com