[Year 12 IT Apps] U4O2 - Ashley Madison Hack Exposes (Wait for It) a Lousy Business

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 21:19:29 AEST 2015

It is still wrong and a long bow for anybody to conclude much by just looking at a list of user accounts. I’ll agree that their security model is probably lousy but so would be the ethics of following the demands of any extortion threat.

Violence against doctors is also a growing concern. From memory, a US based group hacked a server in the 1990’s to secure and publish the personal details about medical staff. The data was pulled off the web but only after innocent people were killed.

Regards Roland