[Year 12 IT Apps] Girls in IT

Mark mark at vceit.com
Thu Nov 27 12:57:57 EST 2014

But - gotta say... he WAS a drummer.

'nuf said.

On 27 November 2014 at 12:28, Savage, John L <
savage.john.l at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

>  I teach in a girls college, so boys don’t get a look in! But here’s a
> little anecdote that illustrates some of the ingrained attitudes in IT:
>

> Outside my day job I work in a few bands. I rolled up to a gig and there
> was a young, cool dude filling in on the drums. We got to talking and I
> discovered the rather cool sports car outside that I’d been admiring was
> his and he was a Web App developer with a small, very successful business.
> We got to talking and the conversation veered to COBOL as it usually does.
> I mentioned Grace Hopper as the pioneer of that arcane language and he
> responded “Oh, she must be a lesbian.”
>

> Enough said. Why would you choose to work in an environment with
> colleagues like that?
>

> Laurie Savage

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

*I enjoy non-sequiturs because... cows.*

Have I offended any drummers with this post?  I would not be surprised.
If offended, please whinge to me at the email address above.
(The email address is the one with "@" in it.)