[Year 12 IT Apps] Creating websites?

Mark mark at vceit.com
Thu Nov 27 10:46:51 EST 2014

Girls... in IT? Are you sure?

I haven't seen one in the wild for years.
Just the occasional documentary that suggested they might not be completely
extinct.
There was a rumour of some girls in an IT class in either Tibet or
Manangatang. Can't remember which.

I tried laying traps - like Scratch, and social website construction - but
they're too wily to take that bait.

But wow.
First, the Higgs boson.
Now, actual sightings of girls in IT.

What a world we live in.

On 27 November 2014 at 10:30, Savage, John L <
savage.john.l at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

>  Hi Benjamin,
>

> It’s funny you should mention Notepad++. We love it. My girls were sold on
> it for two reasons – Block Selection and Themes! Once they discovered Hello
> Kitty and the dark, brooding Twilight-ish themes that was it. Some of them
> even went so far as to turn off colour coding/matching just because they
> could. And the appalling fonts they chose! I have never seen HTML coded in
> 18pt Segoe Handwriting before; all in all it was a lovely way to lure them
> into coding, and quite unintentional.
>

> Laurie

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

*I enjoy non-sequiturs because... cows.*