[Year 12 IT Apps] [OT] Interesting, but not really relevant to any KK

Mark mark at vceit.com
Thu Nov 13 14:21:17 EST 2014

I have noticed this effect myself, especially with phone numbers.

*Have you heard about the internet rewiring our brains and eating our
memories? In her new book Mind Change, publicity expert Baroness Professor
Susan Greenfieldclaims this is what’s happening. She describes the “Google
Effect” where the internet becomes like an external memory bank. She cites
research published in 2011 by Betsy Sparrow and colleagues – people who
saved facts on a computer were less able to recall those facts later as
compared with people who were told the facts would be erased. If we rely on
computers in this way, what might become of us? “Imagine that in the future
people become so used to external access for any form of reference that
they have not internalized any facts at all,” Greenfield warns.*

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/paper-effect-note-something-youre-likely-forget/

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

*I love the sound of people's voices after they stop talking.*