[Year 12 IT Apps] IT Apps Exam, Short Answer, Question 7A

Gary Vear vear.gary.d at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Nov 10 18:56:59 EST 2014

Thanks, Mark. Provided you’re correct, then you’ve only confirmed my fears. Some of my students probably had trouble resisting the logical inclination to create a separate table to address the 2nd repeating field.

I agree with everything you’ve written below, which means I wasn’t confused by question per se. Instead, I was more confused by the fact the examiners expected students to craft such an unrealistic response to demonstrate their understanding of 1NF. Surely there are better, more realistic ways to demonstrate this.