[Year 12 IT Apps] Boolean?

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 09:09:27 EST 2014

Rob is right to point out the trans-gender and gender-neutral issue related to database questions about gender identity. I used this example with a news article to point out the problems with rushing to adopt a boolean field and when it is time to try something different. It works well enough for things like “Have they paid their bill”, “Are they a member” etc. I like the suggestion that the test is to ask a question that can support only two answers.

Regards Roland

—
Roland GESTHUIZEN
http://about.me/rgesthuizen