[Year 12 IT Apps] Setting up a username and password in Dreamweaver 5.5

Mark mark at vceit.com
Thu Feb 21 07:20:06 EST 2013

Hi Vera. If you need this for U3O1, kids don't need to actually implement
strict security. They can simulate it instead.
One trick is to create a login box as an image and define a hotspot over
the "login" button that takes them to another page that looks like they
have successfully logged in.
This shows kids understand the need for a secure login without having to
actually implement it.
Another method is to use a form with text boxes for username & passwords
with buttons to simulate a login button.

However, if you REALLY need to get a working login, I can't really help.

Cheers
Mark

On 20 February 2013 16:12, Vera Cook <vcook at mscw.vic.edu.au> wrote:

>  Hello everyone,****
>
> ** **
>
> I was wondering if anyone has set up a password and username to work and
> link to appropriate pages. I have set the username as a form text box and
> the password as a spry validation rule and tried to use server behaviours
> to have user authentication and restrict access to the page. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Please help if anyone knows???****
>
> ** **