[Year 12 IT Apps] Wordpress, Joomla, CMS in VCE IT

Mark mark at vceit.com
Tue Feb 5 13:41:57 EST 2013

Hi all.  I've emailed Paula for her take on the use of CMS in VCE IT (U1O3
and ITA U3O1).  It may be an interesting direction for new discussion.

Further research into competing CMSs took me to a six-part Wordpress vs
Joomla series <http://www.sitepoint.com/series/wordpress-v-joomla/>, which
culminated in the verdict that the author "just can’t find enough evidence
to conclusively name one CMS a comprehensive winner."

D'oh!  It seems to be a close-run race, with a CMS decision based on
individual users' needs...

I might have to make a random CMS decision after all, using the Virtual
Coin Tossing simulation program I wrote in Visual Basic 6 many years ago.
 Now, I just have to convert it to VB 2010 Express. This may take some time.

If there were some sort of common, metallic analogue version of a digital
coin that could actually be tossed... now THAT would be cool!

mark at vceit.com
http://vceit.com