[Year 12 IT Apps] Outcome 2

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 26 14:05:51 EST 2013

Dear colleagues

Schools recently involved in the Unit 4 audit were required to complete a question relating to the scope of Outcome 2. The majority of schools indicated that students evaluated the information management strategies of only one organisation, however, the outcome states 'organisations'. The requirement to address more than one organisation gives greater flexibility in designing tasks as there are opportunities for organisational practices to be addressed through case study/s and standalone questions.

For further information about this I recommend that you read the State Reviewer's Report on the VCAA website at: http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Documents/vce/technology/2011ITApplicationsSAC.pdf  An extract from that report reads 'The new study design also requires more than one organisation to be included in the assessment task.'

If you have any further queries regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Paula

Paula Christophersen
Curriculum Manager, Digital Technologies
Victorian Curriculum and Assessment
Authority
2 Lonsdale Street
MELBOURNE 3000