[Year 12 IT Apps] U4O2 - Maybe the cloud isn't so great...

Margaret King Iaquinto iaquinto at ozemail.com.au
Mon Aug 19 07:25:10 EST 2013

That video may be overkill but it is just right for students. It
reviews the processes regularly and does an excellent wrap up.
 Thanks, Roland.
Maggie
VK3CFI

Sent:Sun, 18 Aug 2013 23:09:27 +1000
Subject:Re: [Year 12 IT Apps] U4O2 - Maybe the cloud isn't so great...

 It's not a backup until the backup has left the building. Running a
backup that you keep with your hardware is just begging for trouble
(I'll admit I did this myself for too many years)
 I now use a combination of _Timemachine_ for all my devices that
retains an incremental copy that I can roll back to and _Superdooper_
that does a whole system snapshot. The latter is kept off site by
swapping with my father who does the same with his system. Whilst this
is OSX, you can set up something similar on a Wintel system.
 Here is a great backup workflow video worth watching, overkill
perhaps but it underscores what is important for enterprise
deployments.
 http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2010/06/workflow-and-backup-for-photo-video/
[1]
  Regards Roland

ROLAND GESTHUIZEN | eLearning Leader
Keysborough College DEECD
http://about.me/rgesthuizen [2]
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens
can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead