[Year 12 IT Apps] 2012 ITA U4O2 QAT

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Sep 10 15:40:48 EST 2012

Dear colleagues

The outcome statement for Unit 4 Outcome 2 requires students to address more than one organisation in their test/report/annotate visual report. This does not mean having to provide two discrete case studies, but there needs to be stimulus material or question/s that relate to the practices of another organisation.

As stated in the School-assessed coursework report last year (http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Documents/vce/technology/2011ITApplicationsSAC.pdf) there were a range of factors warranting attention to this task such as the lack of reference to cloud computing, resolution of legal, social and ethical tensions, new legislation, only one organisation mentioned, as well as other matters such as the task not adequately allowing discrimination, misalignment between the task and the marking guide, and wrong task type. No school was deemed to be non-compliant for only focusing on one organisation, and there were many schools that submitted tasks that addressed more than one organisation.

If you want further clarification about this outcome, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Paula

Paula Christophersen
ICT Curriculum Manager