[Year 12 IT Apps] Youtube? as well as the netspace filter [Scanned] [Spam score:8%]

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Fri Mar 16 09:00:17 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-14 at 06:44 +0000, Pearse, Steven S wrote:
> Countless times I have found a site that I wanted to access that has
> blocked (not by our school, but by netspace (aka 'the department')

Double check this. I've been assured that "the department" has not
mandated a blanket filter of youtube.  Netspace probably has a bunch of
standard filters in place, and you should be able to argue for a site to
be unblocked so long as you have a legitimate teaching and learning
argument for it's use.

See: http://www.education.vic.gov.au/management/lol/guides/schoolnet.htm

--
Donna Benjamin - Executive Director