[Year 12 IT Apps] Browser stats

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 14:45:22 EST 2012

I heard a nice analogy recently (apologies if it was here!) We keep 14
clubs in a golf bag, even though we can only hit one ball at a time. This
is not because of the ball we hit or stroke that we use, rather the context
of where we are and what we want to do.

For learning, reach for the familiar tool that suits your needs, scaffolds
your learning and helps drive your thinking home. Now lets all go back to
using Lynx :-)

Regards Roland

PS: The only golf I play is mini golf but that would be the ruin of a nice
story.

On 8 March 2012 14:26, Rob Minato <rminato at ccw.vic.edu.au> wrote:

> Most people use what their computer comes with. Typically IE on a PC and
> safari on a mac.
>
> We are a mac school but at least our macs are installed with safari,
> firefox and chrome for students to select. Safari is the ICT depts
> recommended option but i find it useless on some sites (eg moodle, RM
> Learning- our learning platform but that is another story (or dare I say
> nightmare)).
>
> Rob
>
>  Robert Minato
> Teacher
> Arts and Technology Domain
> Catholic College Wodonga
> 1 Bowman Crt
> Wodonga Vic 3690
> 0260435546
> rminato at ccw.vic.edu.au
>
> *I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice
> in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies
> hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness
> cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out
> hate: only love can do that.*
>
> Martin Luther King Jnr****
>
> On 08/03/2012, at 1:47 PM, Robinson, Jarrod J wrote:
>
> There is no logic why anyone would choose to use IE over the current
> modern browsers.****
> ** **
> So much so that IE was not supported in the latest release of facebook
> timeline. Its on a steady decline****
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/facebook/facebook-phasing-out-support-for-internet-explorer-7/6729
> ****
> ** **
> Jarrod****
> ** **

 <http://globe.gov/about/>  <http://www.ictev.vic.edu.au/>
<http://www.google.com/educators/gta.html> Roland
Gesthuizen - Learning Technologies Coordinator
Keysborough Secondary College <http://www.keysboroughsc.vic.edu.au>, Acacia
Campus

B.App.Sci., M.Ed.(ICT), ACCE Professional Associate, Educator of the year
2010

*"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can
change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead*

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College