[Year 12 IT Apps] Is antivirus software a waste of money? U4O2

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 15:47:37 EST 2012

Fascinating how it says "spending money on learning how attackers are
working, and changing your business to thwart common attack techniques may
be a better investment." Yes, even my bank now has a security system in
place before it authorises any large or new money transactions, it also
does this by giving me a call and SMS first.

Thanks for sharing this Mark :-)

Regards Roland

On 3 March 2012 11:29, Mark KELLY <kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au> wrote:

> A very interesting read!
>
> http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/03/antivirus/

> Manager of ICT, Reporting, IT Learning Area
> McKinnon Secondary College
> Direct line / Voicemail: +613 8520 9085, Fax +613 9578 9253
> kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
> VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
> Moderator: IT Applications Edulist <http://www.edulists.com.au/>
>
> --
> Grammar for the 21st century...
> Infinitive: I sync my phone.
> Past tense: I sanc my phone.
> Past participle: I have sunc my phone.

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority <br>
> Teachers Association Inc <br>

 <http://globe.gov/about/>  <http://www.ictev.vic.edu.au/>
<http://www.google.com/educators/gta.html> Roland
Gesthuizen - Learning Technologies Coordinator
Keysborough Secondary College <http://www.keysboroughsc.vic.edu.au>, Acacia
Campus

B.App.Sci., M.Ed.(ICT), ACCE Professional Associate, Educator of the year
2010

*"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can
change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead*

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College