[Year 12 IT Apps] Moderator's requests

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Apr 23 13:50:53 EST 2012

Hi folks.  A couple of housekeeping issues.

1. If you subscribe to the digest edition of the ITA mailing list, your
replies will be ENORMOUS unless you savagely trim irrelevant discussion
from your replies to posts.  As threads grow, a lot of unedited digest
replies soon make handling the threads unmanageable. And even with
non-digest posts, if you can trim inconsequential filling that helps too.

2. I (and others, I bet) redirect Edumail to a preferred account. A side
effect of this is that if you write to my Edumail address, your email
address is stripped from the "From" field and is replaced by mine. This
makes it nearly impossible to reply to. If you put your email address in
your sig, you can protect yourself against unanticipated email redirection
effects, and make yourself much easier to contact off-list.

Thanks, all!

Moderator: IT Applications Edulist
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au