[Year 12 IT Apps] U3O2 - Relational Databased + Access

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Apr 19 11:00:09 EST 2012

You could look at Greg Bowden's Guided computer tutorials. (gct.com.au)

As for level of difficulty, here are VCAA's mandated skills...

The following functions apply to ITA Unit 3:

   - create tables
   - create relationships between tables
   - use a range of data types
   - electronic validation
   - create, edit and use queries
   - use of calculated fields
   - sort records or index on different fields.

If students use a relational database management system in Unit 4 ITA, the
following additional functions apply:

   - import/export of data
   - format data for display
   - create and edit a range of forms, including different data types and
   controls
   - create and edit a range of formatted reports.

On 19 April 2012 09:07, POLLOCK, Benn(POL)
<POL at wantirnacollege.vic.edu.au>wrote:

> Currently, my students are completing some in-class tutorials on creating
> relational databases for their SAC. We have 2010 Access at our school
> however I can’t seem to find many good tutorials to help teach them. I’m
> also new to access so trying to wrap my head around everything at the same
> time has been a little daunting. I’m also not sure about the complexity of
> the required relational database that the students are required to
> complete. Can someone give me an insight into the complexity that they’re
> expecting from their students?  – Also If anyone has any links to resources
> or wants to share some of their class tutorials with me – I would be very
> grateful. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Cheers****
>
> ** **
>
> Benn Pollock****
>
> Information Technology Teacher****
>
> Wantirna College****
>
> *Ph:* 9801 9700****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority <br>
> Teachers Association Inc <br>

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au (don't use my Edumail account!)
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist

--
An E-flat, a C, and a G go into a bar. The bartender says, "I'm sorry, but
I can't serve minors."