[Year 12 IT Apps] Announcing acarait.com

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:10:58 EST 2012

ACE isnt entirerly a bad idea, so long as we can build in sufficient scope
for local adaptation and inovation.

I can imagine us moving towards this model but not for the reasons that
some might think, With open education and the public examination of all our
curriculum plans and documents, we are in a position to better see what
other states are doing. With transparency we can expect a greater
examination and reflection about differences between Autralian states. Bolt
on some good consultation to generate dialogue and discussions about what
we are trying to do and then the gears may start turning. The challenge for
us all is to keep decisions based on evidence and good research.

I can read on a screen without my glasess but even now, am reaching the
limit of my arms and desk.

Regards Roland

On 8 April 2012 21:30, Mark KELLY <kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au> wrote:

> Farsighted? Then I wonder why my arms aren't as long as they used to be
> when I try to focus on small print.
>
> Actually, the Aust Curric started me wondering if the VCE will continue,
> or whether we'll soon have something like the ACE.
>
> On 8 April 2012 18:45, Donna Benjamin <donna at cc.com.au> wrote:
>
>> A applaud your farsightedness Mark ;)
>>
>> On Sat, 2012-04-07 at 23:11 +1000, Mark KELLY wrote:
>> > * Especially *you*, the cute, shy lurker at the back - yes *you*, the
>> > one with good ideas who has always *meant* to start posting here, but
>> > has so far been too scared to do so.  Post now. It's quiet. We don't
>> > bite.
>>
>> Yes! Please do.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> - Donna
>>
>> --
>> Donna Benjamin - Executive Director
>> Creative Contingencies - http://cc.com.au
>> ph +61 3 9326 9985 - mob +61 418 310 414

> Manager of ICT, Reporting, IT Learning Area
> McKinnon Secondary College
> Direct line / Voicemail: +613 8520 9085, Fax +613 9578 9253
> kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
> VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
> Moderator: IT Applications Edulist <http://www.edulists.com.au/>
>
> --
> An E-flat, a C, and a G go into a bar. The bartender says, "I'm sorry, but
> I can't serve minors."

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority <br>
> Teachers Association Inc <br>

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead