[Year 12 IT Apps] Linkrot

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 16:51:35 EST 2012

Linkrot can be nasty. Just as a digital virus infects computers, it can slowly erode your websites and blog posts  mould taking over your shower. In the end, turning a  great resource into a blubbering wreckage that search engines avoid.

It was getting so bad on my old blog and twitter posts, many links no longer worked. We never thought that we would have to refresh our old web sites after a decade online or the lag this would cause.

Am going back over all the pages i can find, to click and refresh sll these old links. I will crowd source this with my students, each tacking a different corner of the web. Together we can beat Linkrot and tackle this digital mould.

You should too.

Sent from my iPhone