[Year 12 IT Apps] IARTV - CSE practice exam for ITA

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Sep 15 13:35:03 EST 2011

Hi all. I've just received the IARTV practice exam for ITA and am gently
poking it to see what happens.  Things of interest so far...

*Section A*

Q6 - a validation check for an order quantity is said to be a "location
check".  Has anyone heard of one of those before? The only other
semi-credible option was an "integer check".

Q9 - evaluating the effectiveness of a system is said to be done "post
implementation".  While this is strictly true, implementation is not part of
the PSM.

Q11 - copyright law "protects the ideas expressed on a website". But
copyright does not protect ideas, it protects the way the ideas are
expressed.  A subtle difference in wording, perhaps, it could have
significant effects on kids' reading of the question.

Q20. Decisions in orgs are strategic, tactical, operational, day-to-day.
I've not heard of "day-to-day" being a standard decision type. Is it in a
textbook?

More to come, maybe.

How are people's revision going?

I've just finished the U4O2 test and am back onto exam practice.

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist <http://www.edulists.com.au/>

Want a good time? Call 0112358. Ask for Mr Fibonacci.