[Year 12 IT Apps] Backing up and upgrades

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 11:21:19 EST 2011

Sadly, the splendid work that many school technicians do to ease the
process for laptop upgrades often means that teaching staff STILL ask for
help to backup their files to a USB key or attempt to backup EVERY file in
case something goes wrong.

Here is a nice narrative to share with your students (. Perhaps by reading
it out and asking them to list the lessons learned. Came via @zdnet and I
was interested in some of the lessons learned as they would apply for just
about any major upgrade (OSX, WIndows, Linux etc.)

"A word about OS X Lion upgrades: backup!"
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/storage/a-word-about-os-x-lion-upgrades-backup/1460

Regards Roland

PS: Anybody interested in following my twitter feed and following my hourly
diet of humour and odd IT link, just go to @rgesthuizen. Otherwise just nag
to join my Google+ education
circle<https://plus.google.com/u/0/101425432113707315497/posts>:-P