[Year 12 IT Apps] Privacy Act

geoffmoss37 at bigpond.com geoffmoss37 at bigpond.com
Sat Oct 15 23:39:44 EST 2011

hi Laura

The 2000 Amendment Act is an amendment of the 1988 Act and as such is considered part of the latter Act.  Your students should refer to the 1988 Act as the amendments are now encompassed within that Act.

Contrary to your Legal studies teacher's comments, all amendments are considered part of the parent Act, in this case the 2000 Act is amendment of the 1988 Act, the parent Act.

Likewise, amendments to the Copyright Act in 2000 and 2006 are incorporated in the parent Act - the Copyright Act 1968.

Regards

Geoff Moss
RMIT