[Year 12 IT Apps] Hacking and backups

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Tue Jun 28 20:25:43 EST 2011

Yes! Thank you for that Andrew - I'm really pleased you found it
worthwhile. Thanks also to Cameron and Ken for the vote of confidence
too...

It's a very very important 'oops' for the local industry, and for
sysadmins and IT managers. Having backups alone isn't enough, but can
you actually restore a server from your backups? And is your backup
complete?

Developments: Netregistry has acquired all of Distribute.IT's customers,
but not the business - which pretty much means Distribute IT no longer
has a business.