[Year 12 IT Apps] Backup!

Robert Hind robert at yinnar.com
Thu Jun 16 13:19:09 EST 2011

I have just recovered from a massive attack that rendered my laptop totally unuseable. Involving "Vista Antispyware"

Thank goodness I had recently puchased backup software and, at the end of May, had backed up my whole system to a usb external hard drive and also created a bootable CD to restore my system.

I have Symantec Antivirus running and also SpyBot and Lavasoft's Adaware. But still the bastard got through.

Now "recovered" and seem to be working OK.

Happy computing all!

Robert Hind (Semi-retired) OOF, GOM (Thanks Kent!)
Ashwood and Traralgon
robert at yinnar.com