[Year 12 IT Apps] Constraints

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 17 11:20:04 EST 2011

Hi Litsa

If you needed to guess the difference, I'd just say that technical
constraints would refer to things like RAM/HDD available space,
plug/socket types, CPU make and model, speed, the OS used, the size of
hardware, etc - the constraints imposed by the technology.

Non-technical constraints could include the needs of people, e.g. ease
of use, time available to develop solutions, legal/moral/social
boundaries, financial limits etc.  The study design lists privacy,
copyright, spam and human rights requirements and social online
protocols.