[Year 12 IT Apps] U4O2

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 8 08:51:02 EST 2011

Please see comments below...

On 8 August 2011 08:25, Joyce Tabone <jtabone at aitkencollege.edu.au> wrote:

> 1.       Question 2a asks to list the threats to the integrity and security
> of data and information, which I am assuming students will need to take from
> the case study. Question 3 then goes on to ask what are the ineffective
> information management strategies.  Can anyone give me an explanation of how
> this is different to question 2a?
> (The way I see it , is it is the ineffective management strategies that open
> them up to the threats ...)

The threats in 2a include more than the ineffective Rype management
methods. They include all threats to data, including fire, malware,
hackers, software failure, employee error, media deterioration, etc.

I think 2a is referring to *any* data or information, not just Rype's.
2b brings that discussion to focus directly on Rype's circumstances.

> 2.       Question 5, asks students to select six information management
> strategies and propose criteria that could be used to evaluate their
> effectiveness, then students are required to apply their criteria to
> evaluate the effectiveness.  I get the first part,  but how can students
> apply their criteria?

They could suggest evaluation methods to evaluate the criteria.

> 3.       Question 6 ask students to list four current practices used by the
> organisation to manage the storage, communication and disposal of data, how
> is this question different to question 1B, what are the information
> management strategies used by the organisation to store, communicate and
> dispose of data

I think in 6 they choose 4 practices to point out the weakness of
them.  1b includes any practice, good or bad.

I admit the questions do suffer some overlap.

2.2c worth.

Mark

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist

Want a good time? Call 0112358. Ask for Mr Fibonacci.