[Year 12 IT Apps] 2011 Conference and VCE IT Study Design 2011-2014 Resource toolkit

Philip Callil pcallil at me.com
Wed Aug 3 13:32:29 EST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

Please forgive my intrusion into the VCE lists.  As you would know, the 2011 VITTA Annual Conference has a change of date from late November to 29 and 30 August at Caulfield Racecourse.  After a successful ICT Week last week in which over 1000 students participated in activities in and around Federation Square, the VITTA Office is working long hours to ensure a successful VITTA Conference.  The program is always a highlight and this year, it could be the best programs we have ever put together.   The quality of the presentations is evident in reading through the program.  Possible pathways are also suggested in the conference booklet.

Unlike other state associations, we continue to ensure that all presenters receive a free day’s registration for presenting.  The Committee of Management is adamant that this should not change. Despite this, our costs are comparable to other conferences and in fact are far cheaper than many other conferences run by commercial organizations.  This year, the cost of the Cocktail Party has also been included in registration.

As you may know, there have been teething difficulties experienced in the first year of the VCE Resources online toolkit.  The toolkit is a project that will be available from 2011 to 2014.  With time, this resource will mature to be a valuable resource but in recognition of the difficulties in this first year, the Committee of Management would like to offer a $100 discount for a two day registration for this year’s conference to members of VITTA who have purchased the tool kit.  This offer is available to one member of schools who have purchased a subscription to the online toolkit. To redeem the discount, provision is made in the registration process.

If you would like to contact me off list to discuss this or make comment, please contact me on the email address below.  On behalf of the Committee of Management, we hope this small token of offering a discount to the annual VITTA conference is seen as a sincere way of acknowledging the difficulty experienced in producing the VCE IT Study 2011-2014 Resource toolkit and the inconvenience it has caused.

Phil Callil

President and Conference Director 2011

Victorian IT Teachers Association (VITTA)