[Year 12 IT Apps] Decoding the study design - part 203

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Oct 6 11:50:49 EST 2010

ITA U3O1 Key knowledge (KK) 1 = *types, purposes and functionality of
websites that support information exchange within online communities*

Thinking about "types of websites" is leaving me baffled.  What sort of
categorisation is the study design getting at, I wonder.  I tend to cringe
when I see key knowledge dotpoints refer to "types" of things (e.g. types of
networks) because things can be categorised in so many ways.

So when it comes to types of websites, what do you guys think is relevant?

- CMS vs static HTML sites?
- eCommerce, personal, educational, news, blog websites?
- Photosharing, auction, e-commerce websites?
- Mobile device vs computer-oriented websites?
- Corporate vs community websites?
- Profit vs non-profit websites?
- Social networking websites?

Or all of the above?

Manager Information Systems
Reporting Manager
IT Learning Area Manager

McKinnon Secondary College
McKinnon Rd McKinnon 3204
Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: +613 8520 9085
Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist

For no reason, my friend became a square, flat surface with four legs. I
rushed him to hospital. His condition is table.