[Year 12 IT Apps] are we in the cone of silence or ...

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 10 15:57:53 EST 2010

How can a swipe card detect unauthorised access to a file *after* the person
logs in?

An audit trail *can* detect such things, but that wasn't an option.

Woof.

On 10 November 2010 10:37, Zach Alexakos <alexakos.zach.z at edumail.vic.gov.au
> wrote:

>  Awful question- Keyboard swipe, wasn’t that what the kid in Terminator2
> the movie used to access the ATM machine?
>
> Answer A.
>
> CCTV won’t let you detect software based unauthorised access-
>
> I think there was a similar question on an IPM exam many years ago- I might
> have a look to see if I can find it.
>

> Zach Alexakos
> Looking for a Year 12 class in 2011.
>

> On 10/11/10 10:10 AM, "Kevork Krozian" <K.Krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au> wrote:
>
> As I was doing a solution to the exam as soon as I got a hold of it, I kept
> rewriting that question by replacing “detect” with “prevent” to make sense
> of it.
> I went with CCTV as well.
>
> Kind Regards
>

> Kevork Krozian
> Digital Learning Manager
> Forest Hill College
> Tel: 0419 356 034

Manager Information Systems
Reporting Manager
IT Learning Area Manager

McKinnon Secondary College
McKinnon Rd McKinnon 3204
Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: +613 8520 9085
Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist

My cow died on this day two years ago.  I know because I noted it in my
dairy.