[Year 12 IT Apps] IT Apps study design

Janson, Adrian A janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sun Mar 28 15:34:19 EST 2010

Hi Robert and others,

Robert - you raise a good point - my language was a little strong and for that I do apologise (and also would have been better off-list).  I want to categorically state that feedback and discussion is very important and I (personally) want to encourage that as much as I possibly can.  Discussion of the study design only furthers all of our understanding of it.

It's just that it frustrates me when comments like this are made off the cuff without the right basis.  I also think that discussion should be phrased in the right way - positively - rather than negatively.  That is, 'I notice that cloud computing is in the study but I am not sure what the context is?  Can someone clarify this for me?'.  This would be a fair way to start the discussion rather than saying that there is an omission and implying that no research was done into the topic.  I think that there are some dangers in taking summary documents (such as the one that Mark Kelly has created) and using these are a basis for understanding of the study.  The study needs to be read in the context of the key knowledge and key skills - Mark's summary is a great tool and should serve as a start only.

I think I am a little sensitive to this knowing how much work has gone into the study and the efforts that VCAA have gone to to involve everyone in the process.  The study design is really looking exciting - I can't wait to teach it!

Cheers,
Adrian