[Year 12 IT Apps] Explaining ICT to careers advisers?

Bianca van Meeuwen BVANMEEUWEN at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Wed Dec 22 16:17:57 EST 2010

Seasons Greetings!

Does your careers department have trouble explaining ICT?

Swinburne's faculty of Information and Communication Technologies has developed an online tool for students, parents and careers advisers to help gain a better understanding of the variety of areas that sit within Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). ICT is not just a single discipline, but an umbrella term that covers a range of studies and outcomes.

Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) are widespread in our world today, from our fridges and air conditioning systems to our mobile phones and computers to our cars and watches. Technology is everywhere, it is here to stay and people are needed to maintain and develop it.

ICT is an exciting industry, full of exciting opportunities!

To use our online tool, visit the 'Career Adviser Resources' area of our website, or click here.

We would appreciate it if you could forward this email to your careers department.

Thank you very much for your support this year, we wish you a happy and enjoyable festive season and look forward to organising more schools support events next year!

Kind regards,

Bianca van Meeuwen
ICT Outreach Officer
Swinburne University of Technology