[Year 12 IT Apps] Change of Preference Expo - Wednesday 15 December

Bianca van Meeuwen BVANMEEUWEN at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Wed Dec 8 17:50:49 EST 2010

FYI (particularly useful for careers teachers)

Change of Preference Expo

Hawthorn and Lilydale campuses
Wednesday 15 December, 3.30pm - 6.30pm

Discover why Swinburne is a better preference for you in 2011.
Discuss your options with course representatives, attend information sessions or take a campus tour. Find out about scholarships, guaranteed pathways and specific courses.

For more information, click here.

Why should I put Swinburne as my first preference?
Swinburne has been awarded more 5 star ratings than any other university in Melbourne by the 2011 Good Universities Guide, including for Teaching Quality and Graduate Satisfaction.

We've now been rated as the best in Melbourne for Teaching Quality for the last five years.

We have entry options and opportunities at every level. Better still, you get to choose the style of learning that suits you – university or TAFE or both.

Our priority is to deliver industry-based, job focused learning across all levels of courses. We make sure you get the skills you need on top of the theory, which is why we’ve received above-average employment outcomes for our graduates.

It’s not all about your ATAR at Swinburne. Our guaranteed pathways will allow you to progress further with your studies across our broad range of courses. We’ll make sure you find the course you need for the career you want which is why Swinburne is a better study preference for 2011.
Changing preferences
The Change of Preference period allows you to re-evaluate your course preference list.

You can change your current VTAC application by logging in to MyInfo on the VTAC website.
Once you've logged in, you can rearrange your existing preferences or add new Swinburne courses which you may not have considered before – such as TAFE, double degrees or scholarships.

Make sure you meet the prerequisites before adding a new course to your preference list.

The VTAC Change of Preference period closes at 12.00pm (noon) on Monday 20 December 2010.
Atar calculator
The ATAR Calculator allows you to input your ATAR and view all the Swinburne courses available to you with your score.

By choosing your study area, you’ll get a list of TAFE and university courses which you can apply for. This makes it easier for you to work out pathway options and view all the different courses in your area of interest.

To go to the ATAR calculator, click here.

Bianca van Meeuwen
ICT Outreach Officer
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218 John Street
Hawthorn 3122

bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au
p: 9214 8768
f: 9819 0823
m: 0416 931 105

Supporting Schools
www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools

Swinburne Change of Preference Expo
Wednesday 15 December 2010
Hawthorn and Lilydale campuses, 3.30pm - 6.30pm
www.swinburne.edu.au/2011

Swinburne. A better study preference for 2011.