[Year 12 IT Apps] Off Topic: VITTA conference 2009

Attard, Martin P attard.martin.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Nov 26 13:36:11 EST 2009

To the VITTA Team

I wish to express my sincere gratitude for all the hard work that your
team has put together into the VITA conference this year.

Firstly I left like an old horse going back to my favourite home stable
in returning to Flemington for the conference. I hope I can keep
returning to that stable in the future. Plenty of parking; easy access
to the ground; wonderful scenery and good facilities for the workshops.

Secondly, the catering has really improved from the 'old' lunch box days
of the past. There was variety, abundance and wonderful tastings
all-round.

Sure some of the equipment (at times, not often) did not work in some of
the workshops I attended, but people were on hand to assist. What can I
say: "Murphy's Law'

Unlike previous years, 3 other teachers from my school (2 of which are
not traditional IT teachers) who came to the conference were suitably
impressed by the facilities; catering; displays and the variety and
abundance of workshops. And both commented that their subject
associations could learn a lot from VITTA and its organising committee.

So to that committee, congratulations, a job very well done. To those
who will respond to this negatively, please keep things in perspective,
for I am not commenting on the various workshops offered (the evaluation
sheets were for that).

Again thank you VITTA, seeya next year. Martin

Martin Attard

Kurunjang Secondary College

email: attard.martin.p at edumail.vic.gov.au